What do you think this is a dress rehersal?

“The real fun of life is in overcoming obstacles while still happily hoping everything will work out. … "

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Dealing with Messes

Its been a horrible Monday, and its Tuesday. I was sitting on my bed in my own little pity party looking at the piles of mess in my room thinking about all that I need to do, feeling sick and all- around discouraged for numerous reasons. I decided to get online and read for a little while, and for some reason, I decided to read old blog entries.

You know its funny, I was wishing someone could come and cheer me up, tell me how great I am but ironically in the mood I've been in today I'm not sure I would have believed them. (I know, better for everyone else that they don't have to deal with me!)

Instead I started to read what I'd written about my trip to Utah and loving my family, about learning how to heal after break ups and being funkless and somehow it was looking at myself, remembering that part of me that brought me back to who I was. Helped me to look beyond the mess of my room (and for today what feels like the mess of my life).

And today I'm grateful that several months ago I decided to blog. Because I was just what I needed.

My patriarchal blessing talks about recording my life experiences and the meaning I learn from them, and as I result how I, and my posterity will be blessed. And though I'm still an inconsistent journal writer, I couldn't help but think today that I am seeing an example of that blessing.

"And now, O my son Helaman, behold, thou art in thy youth, and therefore, I beseech of thee that thou wilt hear my words and learn of me; for I do know that whosoever shall put their trust in God shall be supported in their trials, and their troubles, and their afflictions, and shall be lifted up at the last day." Alma 36:3

1 comment:

  1. You are eventually going to print all these pages out and keep them as journal, right? ;)

    ReplyDelete