What do you think this is a dress rehersal?

“The real fun of life is in overcoming obstacles while still happily hoping everything will work out. … "

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Jeremiah G and back to school.

I have a crush on Jeremiah G. He's a boy in my family literacy class . . . man really, but there's something about a guy who's getting a Phd in adult ed, teaches at correctional facility and then he tells me he's spent the summer on a 10,000 mile road trip with his three legged dog. You know he had me at the three legged-dog. He with his quirky stories makes my Family Literacy class that much more interesting, not that it wasn't great before, but Wednesday afternoons have a whole new flavor now.
Being back in school is a familiar reassurance for me. I can do this classroom thing. The loose schedule of summer and the endless idea of writing and writing make me want to go a little unhinged, but suddenly three days and two classes into the semester I feel the structure of an 8-5 day creeping back in my life, along with the excitement of a random guy who has a three legged-dog. How could this not be a good semester?

1 comment:

  1. JAJAJA. i love it. You make me laugh and smile and feel fuzzy warm inside :) I love your blog!

    ReplyDelete