What do you think this is a dress rehersal?

“The real fun of life is in overcoming obstacles while still happily hoping everything will work out. … "

Thursday, August 26, 2010

No reason, just happy

Today was one of those day where I felt inexplicably happy. There was really no good reason, and perhaps that's the best reason of all. There is something settling about the days, normal ones, where I go to class do homework, clean the kitchen and make fried zucchini . . . and nothing major happens, but yet I can tell my life is good. Its like I know my happiness isn't dependent on one person or thing - and that makes me more confident than just about anything.
Breakups usually leave me feeling in a funk, sometimes for longer than I want - and it was nice today to recognize that I am officially funkless. One of those tender mercies about moving on and healing happily. Maybe its the start of a new school year or just remembering all the reasons I like being me. But somehow I know everything is going to be alright.

2 comments: