What do you think this is a dress rehersal?

“The real fun of life is in overcoming obstacles while still happily hoping everything will work out. … "

Monday, April 25, 2011

Contented rambling


I just ate the last of my box of strawberries that I bought a few days ago for our Easter dinner fruit salad. I'm practicing the art of taking time out to relax tonight . . . I was thinking about the movie Eat Pray Love where the Italian man is explaining how Americans don't really know how to relax - just be entertained - and I'm out to prove him wrong. I'm listening to a little Etta James, blogging and day dreaming . . . just a little.
There is something really rich in the satisfaction of relaxing - funny how writing the blog is a relax time - I think I'd see that pattern if I looked back to read them (all Andrea's rambling philosophizing that I'd be a little embarrassed for anyone to read except the people that love me already). I don't know if its the fact that I'm two papers away from taking my last class of my master's degree or the warm evening and April rain that make me feel like I want to slow down and enjoy, but somehow I feel incredibly grateful tonight. I picked up my roommate's book men are from Mars and women are from Venus . . . and yet somehow I didn't feel the need to analyze my relationship, myself or my boyfriend - instead I felt incredibly content with it all. My mom sent me a little email today saying how my dad had commented on how happy I seemed - and its true, I am happy. I'm not quite sure why and how I get this blessing now, but I am so grateful for it!
A worried me would analyze the risks, look for guarantees and securities . . . but tonight Etta James and I aren't analyzing - we're just relaxing and enjoying a Sunday kind of love.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfNLspDL3ns

1 comment:

  1. you're SUCH a cool person! I just LOVE your posts. keep writing please.
    love you.

    ReplyDelete