What do you think this is a dress rehersal?

“The real fun of life is in overcoming obstacles while still happily hoping everything will work out. … "

Saturday, May 7, 2011

The abundant life

This week I've been reading and thinking about what it means to have an abundant life - our Sunday school lesson is in the New Testament in John and I've always loved the scripture "I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly." Beyond the concept that I know Christ brought eternal life, I can't help but think of all the simple ways my life is abundant.
In the middle of trying to stretch a small budget even farther, hoping to make ends meet, and even save a little until I find a job the thought of an abundant life seems ironic. Yet now, more than many other times in my life I feel incredibly blessed with abundance, an abundance of confidence, peace, happiness and faith. I made some wonderful discoveries about what makes my life abundant and the idea that surprised and delighted me was how important the concept of creativity was in an abundant life. Though abundance comes from saving and serving in the middle of all of that is the importance of actively participating in the creation process,creating a person who lives abundantly, who is motivated by things that she loves and who has the strength to take responsibility for her own well-being .

Perhaps what I really want to say is that I found some amazing quotes that I want to define my abundant life!

President Monson - In Quest of the Abundant Life:

"The spirit of exploration whether it be of the surface of the earth, the vastness of space, or the principles of living greatly, include developing the capacity to face trouble with courage, disappointment with cheerfulness; and triumph with humility."

"God gives man the challenge of raw materials, not the ease of finished things."

"To measure the goodness of life by its delights, and pleasures and safety is to apply a false standard."

"In our science oriented age, we conquer space but cannot control self; hence we forfeit peace."

Joseph B. Wirthlin
"Fully understood and embraced the gospel of Jesus Christ heals broken hearts, infuses meaning into lives, binds loved ones together with ties that transcend mortality, and brings to life a sublime joy."

"It is not a gospel of chains but a gospel of wings."

"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer." Albert Camus

No comments:

Post a Comment