What do you think this is a dress rehersal?

“The real fun of life is in overcoming obstacles while still happily hoping everything will work out. … "

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Just the kind of help I need



Its amazing how stress can make you feel a little crazy. I think yesterday was a high point in my craziness. After an early morning and long day of working on projects and presentations I finally made some headway. But thing that made all the difference? My roommate cleaned my room for me. You know people ask what they can do to help, but its kind of strange to ask someone to make your bed, or fold your laundry, but she did and I didn't even ask her. And ironically even though my to-do list isn't much shorter I feel so much better. Its these days that realize what my research on social support networks is all about - and think just how blessed I am to have so many people that will do the little things for me that make all the difference!

1 comment:

  1. I like this post. see a need, fill a need. Often times, it's people who don't want to serve who ask "is there anything i can do?" when they step into a messy house with a distraught woman standing there with frizzled hair! lol Anyway, your room mate is my example this week! thanks for sharing the seemingly "small" thing others might blow off! ;) also, my next point: people like serving you because you notice and give thanks :) take my stupid tuna sandwich, for example! ;) ;) love you

    ReplyDelete