What do you think this is a dress rehersal?

“The real fun of life is in overcoming obstacles while still happily hoping everything will work out. … "

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Chocolate Milk

Have you ever listened to the This I Believe series on NPR. If you haven't, basically they're broadcasts of short essays about values or concepts that people believe in. I love them. I always think that when I teach again I'll have my students write a This I Believe essay. Sometimes while I'm listening I write them in my head, I've written on everything from family to making a to-do list.
Tonight I watched a chic flick with my roommate and dreamed of handsome men that have the perfect characteristics of charm and wit. As an alternative, I made myself a glass of chocolate milk. Chocolate milk is perfect after a chic flick when you're single. Its almost as satisfying as the real thing. :) And mentally, I began creating an essay about chocolate milk. I had a friend whose mother used it as her fix every day . . . a little bit of chocolate syrup can go a long way.
Tonight I'm drinking a glass while I blog and was thinking about how great it is. Its like getting a treat without a lot of the complications. Milk is good for you!
Perhaps my essay would have some deeper symbolism about simple pleasures, or that fact that its ok to treat yourself or . . . I don't know, I feel like its a common message in my blog, finding satisfaction in life, but maybe that is the theme of my life. But its true. More often than not, life for me, is valuing each glass of chocolate milk. After all . . . it does a body good!

No comments:

Post a Comment