What do you think this is a dress rehersal?

“The real fun of life is in overcoming obstacles while still happily hoping everything will work out. … "

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Just say no

Tonight I had a conversation with a close friend about settling. Settling in relationships, in goals, in things we want most. Sometimes in the process of trying to get what you want its tempting for me to settle, reconciling something close to what I want instead of that waiting that can sometimes feel like never getting what I want.
Sometimes I'm even afraid to admit that what I want - wonder if its unachievable, or someone tells me I'm just too picky. I feel a little crazy waiting and waiting for the ship to come in.
Despite that fact, I don't think I'm crazy and so I'm digging in my heels and when someone asks me to settle . . . well they had better be prepared for an emphatic NO!
Somehow, not getting that dream now, is better than realizing that I gave up trying.

No comments:

Post a Comment