What do you think this is a dress rehersal?

“The real fun of life is in overcoming obstacles while still happily hoping everything will work out. … "

Saturday, April 17, 2010

All in the name of procrastination

Dear Blog,
Today I spent 4 hours shopping thrift stores (way too long and dangerous to the tune of $40 = 4 skirts, 6 shirts & a pair of shorts, I blame it on my encouraging roommate), I realized I make unfair assumptions about guys (namely that they are often shallow) and duly apologized for my assumption, sorted my files, cleaned my room, and now I'm doing laundry and blogging.
(What you cannot tell however that I did all that to avoid writing a final paper.
Don't worry I still have two weeks I tell myself. I've done a lot of the research already, all I have to do is just type it up . . . just type it up. Well it was a convincing enough train of thought for today. Ask me next week if I was completely wrong.
I remember that I used to hate cleaning, I like it now. It funny how writing research papers makes cleaning the toilet a pleasant task. But then again, maybe someday writing research papers will become more enjoyable . . . I'm curious to see what will make it comparably so.

1 comment:

  1. LOL. I'm reading your blog in an attempt to WAKE UP and get out of my bed. It's working. I'm laughing-or chuckling. I LOVE your writing. It's honest, it's simple, and yet written with sophisticated words. It fits you, and I really enjoy reading! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete