What do you think this is a dress rehersal?

“The real fun of life is in overcoming obstacles while still happily hoping everything will work out. … "

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Growing up

wow, I'm tired tonight . . . during the day I fill up my mind with funny stories and things to write for my end-of-the-day post but by 11 o'clock I've got nothin'.

Today I successfully conquered the stacks in the library after wandering through several very narrow isle to find an elusive book to add yet another reference to my lit review, typed a few more pages, read several more articles and somehow wondered how people can type out pages and pages on demand . . . I'm not such a writer. But it was satisfying knowing that somehow this is all going to contribute to me graduating with a masters degree.

I used to think that was such a grown up - now that I'm in the middle of it, I don't feel grown up, but here I am working towards a thesis. I suppose 27 should feel grown up, but here I am still not. In my Youth Civic Engagement class they say our generation is taking longer than previous generation to takes steps that lead to stable lives that are usually associated with grown ups - things like a career, a house, getting married . . . if that's the measure some days I'm not sure I'll ever grow up :)

But after all its overrated right?

No comments:

Post a Comment