What do you think this is a dress rehersal?

“The real fun of life is in overcoming obstacles while still happily hoping everything will work out. … "

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

The secret cheerleader

So I started watching Biggest Loser because of I have an a friend who loves it and I like remembering her . . . but now I love watching it when I work out, because it inspires me. Its not so much about losing weight (though that is appealing) what I love most about the episodes is to see how people support each other in their victories.

Sometimes I wish I could do more of that for other people.

When I drive by people that are jogging I say good job . . . not that they can't hear me, but I guess mentally, I want to cheer them on, perhaps hoping some one else is saying something encouraging as they breeze past me plodding along.

Really I wish I could shout it out. Good job! Keep going! You can make it!

They said I should have been a cheerleader on swim team in highschool because I got so excited cheering for the team, but I think I maybe I just wanted everyone, even the underdog to know their victories were celebrated too.

I'll never forget the day I came in dead last (nothing new for me) but I beat my time in the fly and my friend Jenny was jumping up and down and shouting like I'd just won state. That's what its about. Victories.

So here's my shout out to you! Victories in the small and big things, whatever it is today, I'm cheering for you.

1 comment:

  1. I love how captivating your entries are and how I find myself reading it word for word.

    ReplyDelete