What do you think this is a dress rehersal?

“The real fun of life is in overcoming obstacles while still happily hoping everything will work out. … "

Thursday, April 29, 2010

A Quality Life

"A quality life is God's greatest wish for us. Life is to be lived well in whatever circumstances we find ourselves. There should not be a waiting period..." -Elder Marvin J. Ashton

Today I lived a quality life . . . no waiting. It consisted of lunch with good friends, a little homework, wandering through the arboretum, smelling lilac bushes, making plans to plant lilac bushes and iris in my yard some day, speculating about why PSU dyed the water blue in their gold fish pond, trying to catch the gold fish, or at least lure them closer by feeding them gratefruit peel (I know, I know, it was all I had in my purse), no success, but watched my friend then try to scope them up with her Nalgene . . . second failure, then I came home, wrote more of my lit review, laid outside on the sidewalk with Mia and soaked up more sun, wrote more lit review, talked to my home teachers, read journal articles for my lit review, made revisions . . . well you get the idea.

Its a nice thought that a quality life can be so simple . . . and yet I am grateful for the gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment