What do you think this is a dress rehersal?

“The real fun of life is in overcoming obstacles while still happily hoping everything will work out. … "

Saturday, April 24, 2010

Blue and White Day

So today is Blue and White Day. Its football. I know big surprise for Penn State, but surprisingly thousands of people are still willing to come watch our offense and defense play each other. Blue against white. (Secretly I must confess I don't really understand the attraction, I bought 10 lovely blue and white plates at the thrift store to show my support, but that's about all I've got.)
Surprisingly though, despite the fact that I have yet to attend a PSU football game and I've almost been here a year, I feel surprisingly at home on this campus. It occurred to me the other day, remembering that I was worried after leaving the shelter of a very small church school how I would adjust to all that Penn State has to offer.
And I would like to report I am adjusting just fine. :) I have my favorite chairs, hang out spots down-town and opinions about local politics. Even my license plate says Pennsylvania now.
Funny how I've looked forward to this experience all of my life and now that I'm living it I find it quite satisfyingly normal.

No comments:

Post a Comment